Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. (“Decibel,” “Company,” “we,” “us” or “our”) recognizes the important role that social media plays in the lives of the people and communities we seek to serve. Being present on social media channels provides a unique opportunity to inform, educate and engage with patients, families, healthcare professionals, researchers, potential employees, investors and anyone else who’s interested in what the Company is doing, and Decibel is committed to interacting with all stakeholders legally, ethically and by regulatory standards. While we appreciate your comments and actively monitor our social media channels, please know that not every mention, reply or direct message may be acknowledged or addressed.
Our social media profiles are public, and anyone can engage with us, and for that reason, our channels may contain the opinions and views of other users. Although we are moderating our channels to help ensure that users’ posts comply with these Social Media Community Guidelines (“Guidelines”), we cannot be responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any comments or materials posted by users. Reliance on any information provided on our social media channels is solely at your own risk.
We encourage you to follow us and engage with our content, however, please note that by replying to, or commenting on, our social media posts, or by following our social media channels, you are agreeing to abide by and are subject to the following Guidelines as described below, which apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions or other legal notices specific to each social channel. We ask that you please adhere to these Guidelines to ensure we provide the best experience for all followers. As we operate in a highly regulated environment, failure to follow these Guidelines may result in your comment being deleted, reported, and/or you may be blocked or banned from our social media accounts.
Decibel is a public company in a highly regulated industry and subject to specific rules surrounding how we engage with the public.
Specifically, we will not:
- Offer medical advice, whether related to our approved or investigational products, our disease states of interest, or our genetic testing or counseling programs. Please note that from time to time, we may share information about medical or health topics. This should not be construed as medical advice but rather as educational content. An individual’s healthcare provider is the best resource for questions about their health.
- Engage in sensitive topics or discussions on our social media channels about our product candidates, clinical trials, financial affairs or any legal or regulatory matters. We can provide only information on our social media channels that is publicly available.
- Respond to adverse event reports and/or product complaints, and any such replies or comments will be deleted, as social media is not the appropriate forum for these kinds of reports.
- Discuss or respond to comments about:
- Decibel financial performance, partnerships, litigation or business operations;
- Decibel people or personnel changes, including members of Decibel’s Board of Directors or Scientific Advisory Board;
- Decibel processes or procedures.
Decibel hopes to foster a thoughtful community on our social platforms. We ask that you please be respectful of everyone participating online and remain on topic concerning what we are discussing.
The following types of replies and comments are not acceptable, and we reserve the right to hide or delete those that:
- Use profane, defamatory, libelous, offensive, hateful or demeaning language, video, images or other media;
- Are disparaging or threatening to Decibel, other companies or individuals;
- Are misleading, fraudulent or deceptive;
- Provide medical advice of any kind, including through links to third-party content or websites;
- Are related to any of Decibel’s approved or investigational products (including adverse events and product complaints);
- Contain proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information about, or related to, Decibel other companies or individuals;
- Contain personal and/or identifying information about individuals (including the person who replies or comments);
- Are promotional, solicitous or constitute advertising for other products or services;
- Are excessively repetitive, SPAM-like in nature or otherwise disruptive to the community;
- Contain links, images, videos, or other media not owned by Decibel.
We encourage and welcome your comments and feedback, provided you share your viewpoint in a way that is respectful to us and our community. Because our social media profiles are public and anyone can engage with us, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own.
We reserve the right to block any social media user/account that violates these Guidelines.
Additional Provisions of Use
- We reserve the right to engage or not engage with replies or comments on a case-by-case basis and make no commitments related to response time. We may contact social media users via private message if we have the ability to do so.
- While we monitor our social media channels and reserve the right to delete replies or comments, or screen any comments before posting, Decibel is not responsible for content posted by third parties, including statements that are factually incorrect or misleading or violate another parties’ intellectual property such as copyrights, trademarks, or service marks.
- Social media accounts that Decibel follows or that follow Decibel do not indicate an endorsement of the account owner or their products and/or services.
- Decibel reserves the right to update these Social Media Community Guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.
- When you engage with us, you grant us permission to engage back, including the use of your name or handle and the images, videos, and text associated with your posts. So don’t publicly post or tag us in anything you’d like to keep confidential, including an idea that you wish to keep private and/or wish to receive compensation for, as we don’t and won’t compensate you.