Effective February 1, 2019
This Website is provided by Decibel for the convenience of visitors to our Website. Your use of this Website is at your own risk and you agree to only use this Website for the purposes for which is has been designed. Notwithstanding any other provision herein, Decibel reserves the right to change, modify or otherwise alter any features of this Website, in each case, at any time and for any purpose without prior written notice. Further, Decibel reserves the right to protect its rights, property and interests to the maximum extent of the law.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
- Use this Website for any fraudulent, harmful or unlawful purpose.
- Interfere with, damage or disrupt the operation of this Website or the servers or networks used to make this Website available; or violate any requirement, procedure, policy or regulation of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using this Website (including by hacking or defacing any portion of this Website).
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of this Website, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, adapt, translate, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of (or any access to or use of) this Website without our express prior written consent.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from this Website or materials originating from this Website.
- Frame or mirror any portion of this Website without our express prior written consent.
- Systematically download and/or store Website content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Website content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website, without our express prior written consent.
This Website, its features, functions, and the information and content which it contains, is the property of Decibel and its affiliates and licensors, and is protected by intellectual property rights, including United States and international copyright, trademark patent and/or other proprietary rights and laws. All trademarks and logos appearing on this Website are the property of their respective owners. We reserve all of our intellectual property rights in this Website and the information and materials made available through this Website, and do not grant you any license or right in or to any trademarks, logos or other intellectual property rights. Except as expressly authorized in advance by us, you agree not to reproduce, copy, modify, republish, sell, transmit, distribute or create derivative works based on, all or any part of this Website, any materials made available through this Website or the intellectual property rights contained therein.
You can learn how we handle your information when you use this Website by reading our privacy notice, which explains how we collect, use and disclose information that pertains to your privacy. We encourage you to become familiar with the Privacy Notice because when you access or use this Website you signify your agreement to the Privacy Notice and consent to the collection, use, disclosure and other handling of information consistent with that policy.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
This Website may contain links to websites and content owned, maintained or operated by third parties. Decibel is providing these links to you only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link does not imply that Decibel endorses any third-party website, content or third-party company or product. You acknowledge that Decibel does not have any control over the content of such third-party websites and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the functionality of such websites or for the accuracy, integrity, quality, legality, usefulness or safety of any information presented at such other websites. We have no obligation to monitor third party content, and we may, in our sole discretion, block or disable access to any third party content (in whole or part) via this Website at any time. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access other companies’ websites you do so at your own risk.
LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE
Links to any document published by Decibel on this Website must be made to the home page only, without deleting any frames, or our URL address.
Any information posted on our Website related to medical conditions and their treatment is general in nature and is intended only for educational and general information purposes. Should you have a medical condition that may require treatment, or if you have any specific medical questions, promptly see your own doctor or other health care provider. Nothing on this Website is intended to act as professional medical advice or act as a replacement for in-person visits with a doctor, and you should not rely on it for managing your health. If you are a patient in a medical emergency, please seek emergency treatment from a doctor or other health care provider instead of reviewing information on our Website. We do not offer medical diagnosis or treatment from this Website, and none of the information contained on this Website should be construed as providing medical advice or services of any kind. Only your doctor or other health care provider can determine if a particular medical treatment is appropriate for you.
Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health care provider before starting any new treatment or with any question that you may have about a medical condition.
This Website may contain forward-looking statements about Decibel’s financial and operating performance, business plans and prospects and product candidates currently in development that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain assumptions that are difficult to predict with regard to timing, extent, likelihood and degree of occurrence. Therefore, actual results could differ materially from the expectations and projections set forth in those statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among other things, the uncertainties inherent in pharmaceutical research and development; Decibel’s ability to successfully complete pre-clinical or clinical development of its product candidates; decisions by regulatory authorities regarding whether and when to approve Decibel’s product candidates; competitive developments; Decibel’s ability to successfully commercialize its product candidates, if approved; challenges to the validity and enforcement of Decibel’s patents; governmental laws and regulations affecting health care, including, without limitation, regarding pharmaceutical product access, pricing and reimbursement; and general economic conditions. Decibel assumes no obligation to update, amend or clarify any forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
While Decibel may periodically update or correct information presented on this Website, such information may include typographical errors and/or technical inaccuracies and/or omissions. Decibel makes no representation or warranty as to the timeliness, usefulness, completeness or accuracy of any information on this Website and expressly disclaims any obligation to update such information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. Decibel also reserves the right to make additions, deletions or modifications to any information on this Website for any reason, at any time and from time to time without any prior notice.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
Decibel’s social media accounts include, for example:
Other social media accounts may be added and these social media accounts may be removed. However, we have no obligation to notify you of any adding or removing of any social media account.
To ensure productive communications that are consistent with our mission and public commitments, we have put in place the following basic guidelines and disclaimers to help you understand how we will use these platforms. We ask for your understanding as we engage in these media, recognizing in particular that responses may at times appear limited in nature.
- The Decibel social media channels may contain message boards and other interactive features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or persons content (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through such channels. We welcome your @ mentions, replies, comments, likes and shares, and we will use reasonable efforts to respond to questions. Any User Contribution you post to a Decibel social media channel will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on a Decibel social media channel, you grant us and our licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose, provided that it complies with the Privacy Notice and applicable law. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of this the Decibel social media channels.
- We have the right, in our sole discretion, to remove or refuse to post any User Contribution for any or no reason or take appropriate legal action, however we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable, that promotes illegal activity, or that would violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation information that relates to or exploits children, political campaigning or lobbying, or topics that do not relate to Decibel.
- We make no promises regarding the time frame in which we respond to any question. Some responses may be limited in nature.
- There may be some questions or comments we cannot or will not address, including without limitation questions directly related to financial matters, clinical trial data, ongoing legal matters, regulatory issues or certain other elements of our business.
- We hope that your contributions will add value to the overall dialogue and appreciate you providing links or other resources to support any claims.
- We will abide by relevant law, regulations, and guidance that apply to our products or to our responses to your comments or questions.
- Following a social media account does not indicate an endorsement of the account owner or its products and services. Favorites, likes, comments and/or retweets do not indicate Decibel’s endorsement of the social media accounts or any of the content provided.
- Decibel may provide links or references to other sites as part of its social media posts. However, Decibel claims no responsibility for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of the platform.
- Decibel reserves all rights relating to its social media platforms including, but not limited to: (a) adding, removing or modifying any content or material posted on the accounts; (b) discontinuing the pages or any of our social media accounts at any time; (c) accepting or rejecting those who may wish to follow the accounts, including without limitation blocking disruptive users in Decibel’s sole judgment; and (d) responding to any questions or comments addressed to the accounts.
- Decibel will not engage in sensitive topics or discussions about our products, other companies’ products, or treatment options. In addition, we may choose not to respond to communications for any reason, including without limitation if such communications contain:
- Disparaging, racist, threatening, obscene, unlawful, vulgar, defamatory, pornographic, lewd, discriminatory, harassing or otherwise objectionable content, including without limitation images, videos and links;
- Personal information, such as the name or medical condition of any individual, email addresses, phone numbers, personal photos or videos;
- Proprietary, confidential, sensitive or nonpublic information;
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights, including without limitation brand names, trade names, logos, copyright or trade secrets of any person, business or place;
- Attempts to target Decibel or Decibel followers with the intent to sell products and services, or recruit followers to other social channels;
- Contain information that is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Harassment of others, including without limitation information that relates to or exploits children;
- Content posted by fake or anonymous users, including without limitation imitation of another person; or
- Violations of the terms and conditions of the social media platforms.
- Decibel does not offer medical diagnosis or treatment from our social media channels, and none of the information shared should be construed as providing medical advice or services of any kind. Only your doctor or other health care provider can determine if a particular medical treatment is appropriate for you. Should you have a medical condition that may require treatment, or if you have any specific medical questions, promptly see your own doctor or other health care provider. Nothing on our social media channels is intended to act as professional medical advice.
We welcome your comments, feedback, ideas and suggestions (collectively, “Suggestions”). If you send us any Suggestions, you agree that: (i) your Suggestion(s) become our property, you are not owed any compensation in exchange and you hereby assign all rights, title and interest in and to your Suggestions to Decibel; (ii) none of the Suggestion(s) contain confidential or proprietary information of any third party; (iii) we may use or redistribute Suggestion(s) for any purpose and in any way; (iv) there is no obligation for us to review your Suggestion(s); and (v) we have no obligation to keep any Suggestions confidential.
If you are a California resident, we are required to inform you that you may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs via mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired users can reach the Complaint Assistance Unit at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WEBSITE AND OTHER INFORMATION ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, DECIBEL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (i) THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE IS UP-TO-DATE OR FREE OF ERRORS; (ii) THE CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR FREE OF ERRORS; (iii) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (iv) THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
DECIBEL AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY YOU WILL NOT BE MISAPPROPRIATED, INTERCEPTED, DELETED, DESTROYED OR USED BY OTHERS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL DECIBEL, OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES or contractors, BE LIABLE TO YOU, ANY OTHER USER OF THIS WEBSITE, THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE OR COSTS OF OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES), WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORSEEABLE, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OR MISUSE OF THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEBSITE. THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT APPLY ONLY IF AND TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAW OR A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION REQUIRES LIABILITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW BEYOND AND DESPITE THESE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This Website can be accessed from every U.S. state, as well as from other countries around the world. Each of those places has laws that may differ from those of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, where Decibel’s corporate office is located. If you access this Website from outside the U.S. you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the U.S., you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction. By accessing or using this Website you and Decibel agree that the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles, will apply to all disputes based on, arising out of, or relating to your access to or use of this Website or any information it contains. With respect to such disputes, you and Decibel also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of any state court located in Boston, Massachusetts, or federal court located in Boston, Massachusetts.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Decibel Therapeutics, Inc.
1325 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
Phone Number: (617) 935-0635
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2019, Decibel Therapeutics LLC, All Rights Reserved.